Contact The Stable
Winters Run Farm at the Norfolk Hunt Stables
Cindy Cleaves, Manager
181 Centre Street, Dover, MA 02030
Phone: (508) 361-6197
The Norfolk Hunt stables, located on Centre Street in Dover, next to the Norfolk Hunt Kennels, has been serving the Hunt and local riders since 1902. The stables were originally constructed by the Norfolk Hunt Club, when the Club purchased the Wardner Farm property, moving kennels and stabling from the Dedham Polo and Country Club.
The stables were originally intended to house horses used solely for foxhunting. Club members and guests would board their horses for the season, the year, or ship-in for a particular hunt, while they stayed at the old Norfolk Hunt Clubhouse. Today, members of the Hunt continue to board their horses at the stables, and are accompanied by other boarders who enjoy the local trail system and the various amenities available at the stables. Norfolk Hunt Club member Cindy Cleaves is the manager of the Norfolk Hunt stables.
The stables, paddocks and ring are located in the heart of Norfolk's country - the location is a trail riders dream. From the property, riders have access to Norfolk's extensive trail network through Dover, Medfield and Sherborn.
For those who want to keep their horse(s) in the heart of hunt country, the Norfolk Hunt stables feature:
- Full service boarding facility
- All day turnout
- Exceptional care tailored to each horse
- Inside wash stall with hot and cold water
- Heated tack room with bathroom and washer/dryer
- Outdoor Riding Ring 80x190
- Direct access to the extensive trail system. From the stables, ride out in any direction to a favorite destination, the NHC Steeplechase course, Channing Pond, Rocky Woods and more!